The Level 5 Diploma in Housing would suit aspiring professionals, supervisors and managers who wish to achieve CIH chartered membership (CIHCM).
Delivered through a combination of online and face-to-face learning this qualification covers the following topics:
• Professionalism and ethics – including theories of ethical practice; ethical dilemmas in housing; reflective practice; professional development planning
• Leadership and management in housing – including theories of management and leadership; the attributes of successful leaders and managers; reflective practice
• Strategic and business planning for housing – including social versus commercial objectives; theory and practice of strategic management; developing business plans
• Housing in context – including the historical development of housing policy; the influence of political ideology; comparative housing studies
• Managing relationships in housing – including the changing profile of housing customers; understanding housing customers’ needs; effective partnership working; principles of contract management.
How will the qualification benefit me and my organisation?
The CIH Level 5 Diploma in Housing provides individuals with knowledge and understanding across key areas of housing policy and practice, at a recognised professional standard. The qualification provides the knowledge and skills required to perform in a senior management role. On completion of this qualification you will be eligible for chartered member status.
The option of free CIH membership is provided during the period of study for your qualification.
Who can apply?
This qualification is a route to CIH chartered membership. To access this qualification you should be working in either a paid or voluntary capacity in housing and also have completed one of the following:
• CIH Level 4 Certificate for the Housing Profession
• CIH Level 4 Certificate, or Diploma, in Housing Practice, or equivalent.
You will be asked to provide evidence of your qualifications and/or your experience of working in the housing sector as part of the application process.
What does the qualification cost and how long does it take?
Duration: 11 months, delivered through a combination of online learning and six face-to-face study days.
Course cost: £2,778
How to register your interest
Register your interest by clicking the button at the bottom of the page. You will then be able to select your preferred study month and location. You will be contacted by a member of the CIH Housing Academy team and asked to complete a form to provide evidence of your previous qualifications and experience.
Call our team on 024 7685 1789 or email us if you'd like to discuss whether this is the right course for you. We have payment options available if you are paying for this course yourself and would like to pay in instalments.