Principles of the Code of personal and professional conduct
CIH members must:
Download detailed examples of how these principles work in practiceWho does the Code apply to?
- work within the law at all times
- treat themselves and others with respect
- work with integrity and openness, upholding the reputation of the CIH
- be impartial, objective, conscientious and diligent
- be selfless and honest in all dealings
- make only their personal or authorised views known publicly
- be accountable for their views or actions
- promote equality and inclusiveness
- value and participate in life long learning and personal development
- promote and support these principles by leadership and example
The Code applies to all members of the CIH. Every member has a duty to accept and abide by this code as a condition of membership.
Members must report any breach of the Code that comes to their attention and assist the CIH in its enquiries into any such breaches.What happens when members do not comply with the Code?
If a member is found to have breached the Code, we have disciplinary powers to suspend or disqualify members. Download further information on how breaches are dealt with