Since it’s launch in January 2009, PAfD has placed 23 disabled people as housing trainees in a variety of housing organisations across England and Wales. Almost all who graduated from the programme have secured professional grade jobs in the housing industry , many with their host employer. Several have achieved promotion since exiting the PAfD programme and one PAfD graduate won a Housing Hero award in 2012 for Most Inspirational Colleague.
PAfD won the RADAR People of the Year Human Rights Award in the careers and leadership category in 2010.
We believe that becoming disability confident is a vital part of improving the culture of your organisation even further. So why is it so important?You can:
- Offer excellent customer service to disabled people
- Reflect the diversity of the community and customers you serve
- Attract great disabled people to work for you and diversify your workforce
- Value your disabled employees and help maximise their potential
- Feel comfortable about dealing with barriers that disabled people might face and take steps to remove them
PAfD has developed a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience on employing disabled people and making workplaces more inclusive. Here’s how we can help you to get disability confident:
- Two year professional traineeships: giving disabled people (chiefly graduates) a unique opportunity to gain the experience and qualifications that are essential to kick-start a trailblazing career in housing
- Mentoring, coaching and training: helping your disabled staff to develop their career plans and maximise their potential
- Policy health checks: helping you to make sure your policies and procedures match your commitment to promoting disability equality
- Expert advice on engaging disabled customers and providing barrier-free customer service
Download the PAfD brochure to find out more about our services or email Graham Findlay or call him on 07508 042112 to see how you can start improving your disability confidence today.