Unlocking the potential of your housing stock
It has never been more important to get your property assets to work for you, optimise their performance and maximise their contribution to meeting corporate, organisational and resident priorities. At CIH consultancy, we understand the challenges of putting practical, asset-based solutions into place.
As a response we have developed a toolbox of all the solutions you need to help you assess the performance of your stock and put the right strategies and actions in place to optimise asset value, known as Intelligent Assets. Our services in this area are directly informed by our collaborative work with 17 social housing organisations through our working together to redefine asset management project.
Based on a robust process of assessment and evaluation, the aim is to reconfigure your asset base to ensure you have stock of the right properties, in the right places, in the right condition that meet the right standards. The ultimate objective is to manage assets in a way that contributes to neighbourhood sustainability, creating the optimum balance between cost, quality and utilisation in the organisation’s own context.
Through our collaborative work across the housing spectrum, coupled with our investment in product development, we have reshaped the agenda for asset management.
Our Asset Performance Tool (APT) pulls in the wide range of financial and non-financial factors that determine stock and wider neighbourhood performance. We can work with you to deliver a much broader approach to managing your assets that responds positively to the challenges you face. We can help you look beyond Decent Homes, work with residents to determine new locally based standards, evaluate and asses stock performance and help you target your investment spend. This means you can introduce the range of proactive approaches you need to ensure your investment approaches and property offer evolve over time.
How can we help you?
Our style is to work with you to develop an appropriate approach for your organisation, using our sector leading insight, tools and resources. Using Intelligent Assets, we can work with you to:
- Research, develop and draft bespoke asset management strategies
- Assess the financial and non-financial performance of your stock and neighbourhoods using our Asset Performance Tool (APT)
- Link your investment approach to your business planning model
- Carry out scheme and estate options appraisal
- Undertake stock quality and sustainability assessments
- Develop your strategic approaches for remodelling or replacing stock that is no longer ‘fit for purpose’
- Undertake an asset management database quality check
- Develop your asset management procurement strategy and provide implementation assistance