Develop a dynamic system of governance
Organisations are currently facing many challenges including difficult decisions about tenure, affordability and long-term viability. Many organisations are considering whether their structures are still fit for purpose as they face the challenge of reduced funding and changes to the consumer service regulation. We work closely with housing organisations to develop an effective organisational structure by applying a dynamic system of governance.
How can we help you?
CIH consultancy can provide support with:
- Governance and strategic reviews
- Support on risk management and business planning, including the impact of housing benefit
- Development of approaches to co-regulation and enhanced tenant scrutiny
- Policy and strategy expertise and briefings to boards, officers, members and tenants on policy and strategy
- Responses to policy and regulatory changes including through bespoke research
- Support and mentoring including board training and development
- Advise on organisational structure, transformation and cultural change
- Staff surveys and focus groups
Developing board effectiveness
The role of a housing association board member is increasingly challenging. This requires a wide range of skills and knowledge to ensure associations develop their approach to governance within a regulatory framework which has a sharper focus. With the increased expectation that boards, and particularly chairs, will play a more dynamic role it is vital that they are demonstrably effective in their role.
To address this, we are offering facilitated peer support events – a format which has been successfully delivered over a number of years. The sessions will help to build board members’ skills and confidence in their role, develop a better understanding of how effective boards operate, and enable learning opportunities to discover how the sector is responding to the governance challenges and unprecedented change.
This area of work is led by Graham Maunders, managing director of CIH consultancy. For further information about CIH consultancy services relating to board effectiveness, governance, strategy and organisational development contact us on 024 7685 1779 or email firstname.lastname@example.org