Develop a dynamic system of governance
Developing dynamic and effective governance
The current operating context is, and will continue to be, extremely challenging, requiring strong and effective decision-making and oversight from the board. The drive to reduce operating costs whilst trying to understand and mitigate risk, maintain standards and performance in key areas of the business means that demonstrably effective governance is more important than ever.
We have extensive skills / experience and a track record of working closely with housing organisations to deliver dynamic and effective governance.
How can we help you?
CIH consultancy can provide you with bespoke support with:
- Assessing the board skills / experience that are essential for your organisation
- Recruiting – board member / chair / chief executive
- Determining board remuneration
- Governance structure, transformation and cultural change
- Reviewing cost effectiveness – in response the HCA regression analysis
- Determining the strategic direction including awayday facilitation
- Preparing business plans
- Assessing risk: risk management – exposure / mitigation
- In depth assessment – HCA assessment preparation
- Maximising impact and outcomes – working with scrutiny boards and residents
- Trouble shooting when things go wrong
- Reviewing governance effectiveness
- Performance assessments – boards and individual board member performance and skills / experience reviews. Validation in line with NHF Excellence in Governance
- Regular briefings for board members – emerging policy, regulation and legislation that will impact on your organisation
- Board member / executive team coaching and mentoring
- Board member peer support events
Developing board effectiveness
To assist board development, we are offering facilitated peer support events – a format which has been successfully delivered over a number of years. The sessions will help to build board members’ skills and confidence in their role, develop a better understanding of how effective boards operate, and enable learning opportunities to discover how the sector is responding to the governance challenges and unprecedented change.
This area of work is led by Deborah Good, director of husing services. For further information about CIH consultancy services relating to board effectiveness, governance, strategy and organisational development contact us on 024 7685 1779 or email firstname.lastname@example.org