Our regeneration support is designed to deliver the joined-up action and better use of resources that are the key to success. With cuts in public services and financial constraints the need for more targeted investment and management interventions has never been more pressing.
Having a strategic approach to regeneration will ensure real value in the longer term. Local authorities and housing organisations are the principal players in driving this, as they have a long-term stake and vested interest in working closely with residents to tackle issues.
Today, more than ever, effective regeneration requires a blend of funding which demands robust business planning, the realisation of the value of existing assets and a clear demonstration of the longer term financial and social benefits.
The future of neighbourhood regeneration: Golem or Pygmalion
The CIH publication asks whether a regeneration policy is feasible or desirable. It highlights that people, like buildings, require investment and can deliver a return – also that the cost of doing nothing can be very high. A timely reminder that regeneration is about far more than bricks and mortar. Done well, it can deliver social, economic and environmental transformation. Download the briefing
Regeneration can also play a big role in delivering more homes through infill development which provides an important source of pump prime funding.
We can help you deliver
We support organisations to ensure the right strategy and delivery mechanisms are in place to deliver impact and outcomes. Your homes, estates and neighbourhoods can be places where people choose to live and want to stay. In working with you we will:
- Ensure tailored solutions to tackle neighbourhood issues.
- Enable sustainability by pulling together asset, housing and neighbourhood management activities - delivering both better and added value.
- Help focus your resources using our sustainability mapping tool informed by neighbourhood audit work. We can do this through effective multi-disciplinary / agency action planning to lever in / make more effective use of all resources and improved service delivery, and help you to build and maximise community investment and ongoing engagement / involvement
Our regeneration offer pulls together our extensive skills and experience in:
- Asset management
- Community engagement / involvement
- Community hub planning and delivery
- Community investment
- Delivery plans
- Funding and bids
- Impact and outcome evaluation
- Innovative delivery mechanisms
- Neighbourhood planning
- Partnership brokerage and development
- Project management
- Resource mapping
- Strategy development
Our regeneration activity is led by Richard Medley, director of assets and neighbourhoods. For further information on how CIH consultancy can support your organisation contact us on 024 7685 1779 or email email@example.com