Regeneration and sustainability
Bringing your asset and neighbourhood management approaches together
Bringing together our asset and neighbourhood management approaches, our regeneration and sustainability offer supports you in ensuring the right strategies, tools and practical approaches are in place to maximise the impact of your activities and deliver long term sustainable neighbourhoods. In this way your homes, estates and neighbourhoods can be places where people choose to live and choose to stay.
There has been a massive investment in the ‘bricks and mortar’ of the social housing stock through the Decent Homes Programme. However the focus needs to shift to protecting the legacy of this investment through stronger, more targeted investment and management of our more challenging neighbourhoods. Meanwhile cuts in public services have led to significant reductions in the local authority regenerative infrastructure, making it more difficult for local agencies to address neighbourhood sustainability. With housing, health and welfare reforms creating additional pressure for social housing tenants and social landlord income streams, there is a greater need for intensive and targeted management interventions.
What does this mean?
- Housing providers need to take the lead
- Landlords need to strongly link their asset, housing and neighbourhood management approaches to develop a stronger and flexible approach to neighbourhood service delivery
- Local offers must be more relevant, locally targeted and customer-focused
- Landlords need to specify their aims in a neighbourhood to improve services, quality of life and life chances
- Landlords must translate local offers into much more tangible, locally determined actions that have measureable impact
- Different local service providers need to work together to address the regeneration priorities of an area and make the most of reduced budgets
How can we help you?
We can work with you to develop your approaches to regeneration and neighbourhood sustainability to ensure you take right approaches and make a difference to the neighbourhoods and communities you serve. Our regeneration and sustainability offer does this by combining our stronger neighbourhoods and asset management approaches so we can work with you to develop:
- Tailored solutions for tackling your key regeneration and neighbourhood problems
- Regeneration and neighbourhood sustainability strategies that strongly pull together your asset, housing and neighbourhood management activities deliver better value
- New ways of identifying where you need to focus resources and effort through an ‘at a glance’ sustainability mapping tool, informed by neighbourhood audit work
- New approaches for developing effective internal and external multi-disciplinary action planning
- New approaches to delivering a consensus with partners on what needs to be done to improve and sustain each of your neighbourhoods
- New tools for how best to lever in external resources into your neighbourhoods and develop effective signposting to non-housing services for individual customers
- A vehicle to focus resources and capability where they are needed and change services to meet the new operating challenges and requirements
- Approaches to build and maximise community investment approaches
Our regeneration and neighbourhoods activity is led by Richard Medley, director of assets and neighbourhoods. For further information on how CIH consultancy can support your organisation contact us on 024 7685 1779 or email firstname.lastname@example.org