Repairs and maintenance
Delivering customer excellence and asset value
At CIH consultancy we know how important an efficient and effective repairs service is - both to landlords needing to demonstrate value for money and for tenants who rate it as the most important part of the service they receive. That's why we've worked with the sector to develop the CIH Repairs Charter and have collaborated with 10 social housing landlords in our working together to break new ground in repairs and maintenance project. The project has produced a Learning Report that contains a fresh, new agenda for repairs and maintenance service delivery that reflects the changing value of the sector.
How can we help you?
Each year, as a social housing landlord, you will spend a third or more of your income on repairing and maintaining your stock. The financial climate means that obtaining demonstrable value from this commitment must be a corporate priority. This demands rigorous, objective and critical appraisal in order to highlight genuine innovation and good practice.
Our offer is to work with you to ensure you have the right systems and approaches in place and to equip your staff with the skills and knowledge they need to deliver customer excellence. Unlike conventional approaches to service improvement, ours involves using collaborative working and collective thinking to inform innovative solutions that are right for your organisation.
We can work with you to:
- Transform your repairs and maintenance service, using the outcomes from the working together project
- Design a self-assessment framework to challenge your service using the CIH Repairs Charter
- Review your policies, procedures and systems to check they are ‘fit for purpose’
- Provide practical support for assessing the operation and performance of your repairs services, DLO and the value for money your service provides
- Critically challenge how you currently deliver your services
- Develop new tools and approaches to improve the level of customer input and scrutiny of the repairs service
- Provide interim support through one of our experienced associates
- Ensure that your repairs and maintenance service is not just delivering customer excellence, but is also adding value to the asset
We also provide a comprehensive range of asset management services to help you put in place the right strategies, tools and practical approaches are in place to maximise the contribution and performance of your housing stock.
This area of activity is led by Richard Medley, director of assets and neighbourhoods. For further information about CIH consultancy's repairs and maintenance services, contact us on 024 7685 1779 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.