Developing and delivering the right business model for you
Getting your shared ownership offer right is critical if you are to deliver the financial returns required, manage sales risk and deliver a product that works for your organisation and your customers. Given the impact of decreasing social rents on your business, it is crucial to ensure that you’re maximising the benefits that a properly structured and managed shared ownership offer can bring.
The challengeAt CIH consultancy we understand the challenges in maintaining development programmes with reduced grant and the impact of changes in government policy. It may be that you are considering entering the shared ownership market, or you may be a new or established provider. Either way, the performance of your shared ownership programme is likely to be the subject of increased internal and external scrutiny, including from funders and regulators, and it will have a significant impact on financial performance.
The solutionTo help you face the challenges and maximise the opportunities available we have developed a range of shared ownership strategic and operational support. These are delivered by our specialist shared ownership consultants. This support is designed to help you manage risk by making sure your offer is the right one, by assessing the performance of your offer against the market and then giving options and recommendations on putting the strategies and actions in place to help maintain new homes supply whilst evidencing good risk management and governance.
How can we help you?
Strategic support in developing your business case and model
We can help you develop a successful shared ownership programme that is built on:
- A clear corporate vision for why you are providing shared ownership
- A sound understanding of the key drivers and KPI’s
- A financial and business model that links to the corporate financial and business plans and includes some standard scenarios/risk planning and mitigation
- A road map setting out how you are going to develop, sell and manage your shared ownership housing
We can provide a tailored range of professional support to assist you in developing some or all of the above.
Sales and marketing critique
If you already deliver shared ownership, our short, cost effective critique can make sure your offer and systems are ‘fit for purpose’. The four-day critique is designed to be a positive experience, with us acting as a critical friend in reviewing your shared ownership service. We will:
- Explore why your organisation provides shared ownership
- Examine how you measure success
- Identify any gaps between corporate objectives/aspirations and the present situation
- Review ‘as is’ - how you currently provide the service across the organisation
- Provide ‘could be’ examples and options that will consider: efficiency and financial returns, risk management and mitigation, the customer journey, processes and procedures, sales , key performance targets, reporting and governance
All this will be done through reviewing documentation, any historic or pipeline schemes and interviews with relevant staff. We will present our findings and recommendations to you for discussion and follow this up with a written report and action plan. Whatever your shared ownership issues may be, we are here to help.
Brexit and the quantum leap
CIH consultancy and our colleagues at specialists The Shared Ownership Partnership (TSOP) have teamed up to host a roundtable workshop to discuss how we can meet the challenge of delivering the government’s target of 135,000 shared ownership homes over the next five years. The event will look at recent events and how we implement the recommendations from the report from CIH and Orbit on making shared ownership a mainstream fourth tenure, and its role in delivering the government’s drive to increase home ownership. Find out more >>