Executive briefing - Post EU referendum: impact on the property market
About the event
Now we know the UK has voted to leave the European Union - however, the full implications for the UK and for housing organisations are unclear.
Free for CIH members, this event will give you a unique insight into the latest topic high on everyone’s agenda. We invite you to learn from a high calibre speaker who will explore:
- The importance of EU membership on the property market and the EU/UK relationship
- The share of EU nationals buying property in the UK, and the prevalence of EU buyers by region
- The relationship of housing tenure by country of birth – are EU nationals more likely to rent in the private sector than own a home or rent social housing?
- The impact of EU membership on demand/supply
- How the large share of EU nationals in the UK construction market is tied up with construction and supply
After the presentation, we’ll open the floor for discussion. Then, we’ll round up the evening with a drinks reception, giving you the opportunity to network with fellow senior professionals.
Speaker: Nina Skero, senior economist, CEBR
As a part of CEBR’s macroeconomics team, Nina participates in the analysis of a wide range of macroeconomic events and indicators. She leads the UK housing market forecasts and authors CEBR’s quarterly Housing Prospects report.
Why should you attend?
- Understand the impact of the EU referendum results to develop appropriate approaches to housing need
- Become fully equipped with the latest industry thinking and hear examples of housing demand and supply in the EU
- Network with senior professionals to build a wider platform for debate.
Who should attend?
Senior members of staff, including chief executives and directors, who are looking to keep up to date with the latest developments and essential knowledge.
Timings and location
5.30 – 7.00pm
CIH, 7th Floor, 236 Grays Inn Road, London, WC1X 8HB
Booking online is really easy. Just click the ‘Book’ button at the top or bottom of this page. Then fill in your details.
Alternatively you can download a booking form and return to email@example.com.
CIH member rate: free
Non-member rate: £25 + VAT