Housing supply in the new world - developing for profit
About the event
Time: 11.30am - 2.00pm
With Government policy & legislation clearly abandoning social rent in favour of home-ownership and development-for-sale, many RPs are operating more like private developers than ‘traditional’ social housing providers of old. This session will look at the opportunity, challenge and risk that increased commercial development and new home-ownership initiatives bring, and how best to structure development/land deals to minimise costs and maximise outcomes. Areas of focus will include:
• Ensuring RPs are structured optimally to deliver commercial, profit-driven non-primary-purpose activity
• Avoiding/reducing hidden costs of commercial development, such as SDLT, S106 etc
• Ensuring viability and feasibility of purely commercial schemes, market research etc
• Starter Homes
• Thinking smarter about commercial property elements of mixed-use developments
• What relaxed regulation means for development/asset management – freedoms, opportunities
• Costs, and alternative scheme funding models (now grant is gone), such as institutional investors
Benefits of attendingRaise awareness of the opportunity, challenge and risk that increased commercial development and new home-ownership initiatives bring, and how best to structure development/land deals to minimise costs and maximise outcomes.
This event is free for members and £99 non-members.
Members - click on the book button and book your place using your CIH membership number and password.
Non-members - Are you a non-member of CIH or is this your first time using the website to book an event?
Click on book - you will then be asked to register your details in order for your booking to be processed. Please note once you have registered you will not need to do this again, instead you will need to log in using your username and password.
Alternatively contact email@example.com quoting reference: 02REYH130717 - we will then send you a booking form.