Write your own future part 1 - The future of workplaces - Home, office, virtual
About the event
Prepare to think and act differently, take control and write your own future!
The one thing about a global pandemic is the speed, scale and impact. No one has been here before in terms of how to rebuild a business or organisation. There are no reference points, no guidance manuals and if you can find any relevant best practice - good luck!
COVID-19 does present us with the opportunity to ‘build back better’ and reboot our organisations in a way and at a pace that would not have been possible, or even considered, just a few short months ago.
The Disruptive Innovators Network and the Chartered Institute of Housing have partnered to develop a six-part leadership series to help you ‘write your own future’ for housing providers starting to explore what comes next.
Each of the sessions is a masterclass in its own right, but combined they will provide you, as a leader, with a new set of insights, an understanding of the right questions to ask and powerful tools to help you plan a better business.
The series will feature thought leaders and subject experts from outside the sector who will explore a different element of business rebuilding. This won’t be a series for ‘beige, low risk, things were just fine before’ thinkers. This will be disruptive thinking requiring courage, an open mind and resolve to take what you learn and make change happen in your business.
The sessions include (click on each to view more):
• The future of workplaces – Home, Office and virtual – Wednesday 4 November (2.00 - 3.15pm)
• How to be brilliantly creative in a remote working environment – Thursday 5 November (10.30 - 11.45am)
• People (part 1) recruitment, onboarding and talent management – Wednesday 18 November (10.30 - 11.45am)
• People (part 2) Workplace and people analytics – How work gets done in a remote world – Friday 20 November (2.00 - 3.15pm)
• How to make better decisions in a disrupted world – Tuesday 24 November (2.00 - 3.15pm)
• Stop measuring customer and staff satisfaction – Thursday 26 November (10.30 - 11.45am)
Who should attend
These sessions are designed for all housing provider leaders, in particular chief executives, executive directors, service directors and heads of service. Whether you want to rethink how you deliver or lead a service, understand different approaches from other sectors to traditional service delivery or wish to ask different questions about long held processes and beliefs, you will benefit from attending the ‘Write your own future’ series. They should also be suitable for developing your project teams and future leaders through their exposure to fresh thinking and disruptive insights.
Definitely provocative, challenging and most likely disruptive. What got us to where we were pre-lockdown won’t necessarily get us to where we are going post-lockdown.
How will the programme work?
Each theme will run as a standalone 75/90-minute session. You will have the chance to understand the thinking and methods behind the subject. We will debate and discuss its relevance and applicability to the social housing sector and support the knowledge transfer straight away back into your organisation.
The future of workplaces – Home, office, virtual (Wednesday 4 November)
How do you balance the office, home and the virtual office to ensure a happy and productive working environment? This session will focus on how housing providers need to rethink workspace portfolio for a new age with the emphasis on wellbeing, productivity, creativity, and collaboration.
Here's what you'll come away with:
• Lessons learned from COVID from outside the social housing sector
• How might we return to the office safely?
• How do you manage personal and team wellbeing?
• What will the future of the workplace look like – at home, office and virtually?
• What is the future for the office?
• What does an innovative workspace now look like?
Session lead – Kursty Groves, founder and chief shaper, Shape – One of the foremost thought leaders in understanding the drivers of a high performing workspace, Kursty Groves is a workplace strategist and advisor to FTSE 100 companies, high growth SMEs and government departments.
Author of two books and postgraduate professor on the subject of Space for Innovation, she is an award winning designer and innovator with over twenty years’ experience coaching senior executives through Design Sprints, Design Thinking and innovation process - helping them to solve problems and engage with others to inspire change and implement the right solutions.
Kursty is founder of Shape, a consulting firm that specialises in co-creating the best places to work.
Important information about the virtual platform and compatibility1. Preferred device to use is a laptop or desktop computer. Mobile phones and tablets are also supported but hardware needs to be no more than 5 years old and the operating system no more than 3 years old. We recommend booking a test session with our events team is you are using a device other than a laptop or desktop computer, contact us at email@example.com
2. Please have a headset or headphones with a speaker on hand as this should cancel any interference you may experience
3. You will need Google Chrome or Firefox for PCs that use Windows or safari for Mac
4. Only Windows 10 is supported
5. Browsers recommended or mobile phones:
Iphone users- Safari
Android users- Google Chrome or Firefox
Please note: We recommend booking a test run through if you are using a device that is not a laptop or desktop computer, please contact us on 024 7685 1722 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Check your system's compatibility with the virtual event platform here, as well as your microphone and camera settings before attending - https://dks9piqkjnbq6.cloudfront.net/
7. In advance of the event pop on to our test event so you can see what to expect. If this is your first time using Remo, you will need to set up an account. On the day please use the same email address and password to access the event. To join the test event, copy and paste this link into one of the supported browsers - https://events.cih.org/e/cih-test-virtual-event/register
You can view more detailed information about the technology requirements and what to expect from our virtual platform on our ‘HOW TO’ page.
A new virtual experience
Our exciting new online platform gives you lots of opportunities to participate; to listen, question, share, learn and real-time network with speakers and fellow professionals.
Exhibition & sponsorship
We are delighted to bring you a brand-new promotional branding product as part of our virtual events, with opportunities to create sponsorship adverts, branding opportunities and host real-time networking.
For further information please email email@example.com
1 x place @ single session - £99 + VAT
1 x place @ full series (6 sessions) - £299 + VAT
3 x places @ full series (6 sessions) - £599 + VAT
CIH Members and members of the Disruptive Innovators Network will receive a 25% discount off the delegate rates
CIH Cymru and Scotland partners and Gold corporate partners will receive 5% discount
Platinum corporate partners will receive 10% discount
* All rates are subject to VAT of 20%
Please see our full terms and conditions before making your booking.
The link to join the event will be sent to you as part of your joining instructions.
Please do not share the links with your colleagues. Anyone who attends the sessions without pre-registering will be charged the full fee for attending.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 024 7685 1722.
Please note: delegates will be able to participate throughout the session. Please ensure that you are in a noise-free environment; we recommend using a microphone and speaker headset.