Allocations, Lettings and Homelessness Conference & Exhibition 2015
About the event
In the last year 55,090 households were accepted as homeless by their local council – an increase of 40% over the last five years. Although the previous government invested over £500m on tackling homelessness, in addition to the implementation of homelessness prevention policies, homelessness still remains as a growing concern in the sector. According to official statistics, the number of households living in temporary accommodation has increased - at the end of June there were 2,660 families living in bed and breakfast accommodation, up 25% from compared to the same day last year.
Various academic studies have illustrated the increase of housing needs over the past five years, with affordability, demand and supply worsening. The allocations, lettings and homelessness conference is the opportunity to develop new ways of working, innovative funding models and strategies to address the unprecedented pressures in the sector. With updates on the latest developments and policies, the conference will feature expert speakers in the field including leading professionals from local government, social landlords, third sector providers, private sector companies and legal representatives. Delegates will have the opportunity to attend five keynote and four workshop sessions throughout the two days, in addition to an inclusive conference dinner to network with housing professionals.
This years' event offers delegates the opportunity to receive information tailored to their organisational needs. Tweet your questions and comments to speakers before, during and after the event to @CIH_events using the hashtag #alh15. Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org before the conference to hear from workshop facilitators.
Who should attend?
- Senior members of staff including directors, heads of housing and managers who are looking for new strategies and remodelling ideas as well as essential knowledge and skills to equip staff
- Front-line staff looking to keep up to date with the latest developments
- Local Authorities, ALMO’s and housing association staff to explore new innovative funding models
- Staff working in the voluntary sector who are dealing with a range of lettings, allocations and homelessness strategies and implementation
- Health or welfare teams, and other areas within housing where lettings and homelessness policy can impact others
Exhibition and sponsorship
With a wide range of delegates attending, this event is an opportunity for your organisation to develop new professional relationships and gain brand recognition. Sponsoring this event will:
- Help you to be seen as dependent and supportive to your target market
- Allow you to build trust and establish a rapport with potential clients
- Provide access to your target market on various platforms
- Demonstrate value and support with your target audience
- Support your marketing and organisational strategy
- Help you to promote your products and services
To find out more about sponsorship or exhibition opportunities contact us on 024 76851 722 or email email@example.com
AccommodationIf you need accommodation during the conference, please visit the online booking system for further details or contact Conference Care 02476 369 726 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
What will the conference include?
The delegate price includes a comprehensive delegate pack, a series of keynote and workshop sessions, all refreshments and lunch and a concise debrief summary report after the conference. If you are a CIH member continue your personal development by gaining 8 hours towards your CIH Continuing Professional Development.
Book online by clicking the 'book' button at the top of the page.
To download a booking form click here and return to us to email@example.com
For more information please contact us on 024 7695 1722 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read our terms and conditions before making your booking which can be found on the booking form.
Please click here to access your joining instructions.
In the joining instructions pack you will find venue details, how to get there and transport links and a final programme.
Handouts on the day will include a handbook, attendance list, copies of presentations and a feedback form.
Celeste Deakin, the conference producer will be there on the day.
If you have any queries please contact us on 02476 851 722