Building communities and tackling anti-social behaviour
About the event
(Please note the date has changed from 22nd February and will now take place on 27 April)
Anti-social behaviour can take many forms, from low scale nuisance and noise, to more harmful, even violent behaviour. All of these have the potential to cause great damage to people and communities and as a result, tackling anti-social behaviour remains consistently top of the list of issues that tenants care about.
This popular one day event will examine City of Edinburgh Council's current anti-social behaviour strategy. We will also hear from North Lanarkshire Council who will give examples on how to ensure a fast responsive anti-social behaviour service.
The event will also look at other topical issues such as hate crime and resettling refugees, and will explore how the important work of housing providers underpins the Scottish Government’s vision of creating a fairer Scotland.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Karen Armstrong, Social Justice Strategy Policy Officer, The Scottish Government
- Rachael Craik, Community Justice Development Officer, City of Edinburgh Council
- Margaret Fraser, Regeneration Manager, ng Homes
- Elodie Mignard, Integration Services Manager, Scottish Refugee Council
View the programme above for a full list of speakers.
Benefits of attending
• Learn more about the latest approaches which are helping to tackle anti-social behaviour;
• Hear how partner agencies are working together with housing providers on the ground;
• Network with fellow housing professionals and share experiences at our interactive workshop sessions.
Who should attendThis event will be of interest to staff working in housing associations and local authorities who have responsibility for or involvement in dealing with anti-social behaviour. This would include community safety services, community wardens and community police officers as well as those working in tenancy support services.
Exhibition & sponsorshipFor exhibition and/or sponsorship opportunities please contact Sean Henderson, Business Development Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
• CIH member/contributing organisation - £125 + VAT
• Non CIH member/non-contributing organisation - £200 + VAT
• Voluntary organisation rate - £80.00 + VAT (please contact us direct to book this rate: email@example.com or call 0131 225 4544. Strictly eligible for this rate: Housing Charity Volunteer or Voluntary/Tenant Organisation Representative, excluding RSL staff and board members).
The delegate price includes a comprehensive delegate pack, all refreshments and lunch.
You can view our online booking procedure here.
Terms and Conditions
Please read our terms and conditions carefully before completing your booking.
Did you know that all CIH members receive CPD hours for attending CIH events and training courses?
CIH will automatically record a specific number of CPD hours for CIH activities you undertake. To find out more, click on the CPD icon above.
Approximate timings will be 09:00 – 16.00