Developments in the private rented sector in Scotland
About the event
Issues such as difficulties in getting mortgages and a lack of affordable housing mean that more and more people in Scotland are turning to the private rented sector to meet their housing needs. This rapid growth in private renting presents a number of opportunities for investment and development but has also led to steps to reform the sector to create greater protection and fairness for tenants.
With a number of important changes just around the corner, including letting agent registration, a new model tenancy regime, and enhanced energy efficiency standards in private rented housing, this event will help you to prepare for what’s ahead.
Mike Campbell, Managing Director of Belvoir Edinburgh and Falkirk, will chair this event and speakers will include:
- Charlotte McHaffie, Policy Manager, The Scottish Government
- Anna Evans, Indigo House Group
- Moira Bayne, Chief Executive, Housing Options Scotland
View the full programme by clicking on the link above.
Benefits of attending
- A ‘one stop shop’ for learning more about the new changes ahead in the PRS
- Provides a rare opportunity for private sector, local authority and third sector staff to network and share thoughts on the challenges ahead and how the private rented sector can grow and thrive.
Who should attendThis event is not to be missed by private landlords, letting agents, and private sector support officers, but will also be of interest to anyone working with private landlords, letting agents or in private sector enforcement.
Exhibition & sponsorship
If you are interested in sponsoring or exhibiting at this event you can contact our Business Development Officer, Sean Henderson at email@example.com for further information.
- CIH member/contributing organisation - £175 + VAT
- Non CIH member/non-contributing organisation - £250 + VAT
- Voluntary organisation rate - £80.00 + VAT (please contact us direct to book this rate: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0131 225 4544. Strictly eligible for this rate: Housing Charity Volunteer or Voluntary/Tenant Organisation Representative, excluding RSL staff and board members).
The delegate price includes a comprehensive delegate pack, all refreshments and lunch.
You can view our online booking procedure here.
Terms and Conditions
Please read our terms and conditions carefully before completing your booking.
Did you know that all CIH members receive CPD hours for attending CIH events and training courses?
CIH will automatically record a specific number of CPD hours for CIH activities you undertake. To find out more, click on the CPD icon above.
Approximate timings will be 09:30 – 16:00