Getting housing right for older people
About the event
THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT!
The number of people over the age of 60 is projected to increase by 43% between 2012 and 2037. As people live longer, their housing needs are becoming more and more diverse, but many older people still find themselves living in accommodation that is no longer right for them as they age.
Issues such as ill health, dementia, and fuel poverty can further exasperate the problems of inadequate housing, and can lead to many older becoming increasingly isolated and excluded from mainstream society.
While these issues do present the housing sector with a number of challenges, they also provide an opportunity for us to look ahead and examine what more needs to be done both now and in the future to make housing fit for older people, and the positive impact that this will have on the health and wellbeing of our population.
This one day event will examine these challenges and opportunities in more details and will address how we can seek to ‘get housing right’ for older people in Scotland.
Benefits of attending
Delegates will benefit from:
- A greater understanding of the diverse issues affecting older people
- Hearing more about the positive role that housing can play in improving the lives of older people in their homes and communities
- Great networking opportunities to share experience and best practice at our interactive workshop sessions.
Who should attendThis event will be of interest to staff working in housing associations, local authorities and the third sector that help to support older residents or service users. This would include housing officers and other frontline staff, officers involved in developing local strategies and policies relating to housing and services for older people, tenancy support officers and people working with community groups.
Exhibition & sponsorshipIf you are interested in exhibition and sponsorship opportunities at this event, please download our exhibition guide.
NEW LOWER PRICES FOR OUR PRACTICE-BASED EVENTS IN 2016
• CIH Member/Contributing Organisation Rate - £155 + VAT
• Non Member/Non-Contributing Organisation - £230 + VAT
• CIH student rate - £67.50 + VAT.
• Voluntary rate - £80 + VAT (please contact us direct to book this rate, email@example.com or call 0131 225 4544). Strictly eligible for this rate; Housing Charity Volunteer or Voluntary/Tenant Organisation Representative (excluding RSL staff and board members).
The delegate price includes a comprehensive delegate pack, all refreshments and lunch.
Please note that if your organisation requires a purchase order number on the invoice, you MUST input this at the point of booking.
Terms and conditions
Please read our terms and conditions carefully before completing your booking.
This event will take place at the Teacher Building, 14 St Enoch Square, Glasgow, G1 4DB.
Registration will commence at 09:30 and the event will begin at 10:00. Approximate end time will be 15:45
Refreshments and lunch will be provided.