The BIG Question 2012
About the event
The BIG Question is CIH Cymru’s annual high level housing symposium bringing together senior experts and decision makers from the political and housing worlds to focus on cutting edge themes to help you and your organisation face up to current challenges and prepare for the future.
Will a Housing Act Deliver for Wales?
The Housing White Paper heralds an historic opportunity to create our first Housing Act and take the process of crafting Made in Wales solutions to a higher level than ever before. It comes at the same time that local authorities – key partners in developing and delivering new powers – face immense challenges in terms of defining the balance between their role as local leaders and regional partners.
The power to legislate whilst widely welcomed across the housing community comes with the rider that specific powers are based on robust evidence in order to avoid unforeseen consequences. It is also imperative that new powers underpin the wider role of Government as System Steward supporting partners to deliver joined up housing solutions for the people of Wales.
The Big Question 2012 is: Will A Housing Act Deliver for Wales? The event will bring together decision makers and renowned experts across the full range of issues contained in the White Paper and wider challenges when new powers may not be the solution.
Benefits of attending
- Keep up-to-date with the Housing White Paper and discover how the opportunity to create our first Housing Act will impact on your organisation
- Engage with high profile speakers, specialists and practitioners with opportunities to discuss issues relevant to you and your organisation
- An excellent opportunity to network with fellow housing professionals and be involved in interactive discussions
- Excellent value for money with discounts available for CIH Cymru and levy members
Who should attendThe Big Question is a high level housing symposium for key decision makers and senior managers involved in housing in Wales. Each year we bring together leaders from the local authority, housing association and voluntary housing sector, as well as those working in the private sector to focus on the key emerging housing challenges.
- CIH Cymru member £149 + VAT
- CIH Cymru levy organisation £149 + VAT
- Non member/ non levy organisation £179 + VAT
Book 2 delegates places and send a third for half price. Bulk booking discount valid until Monday 18th June 2012.
Book online by clicking ‘book’ below or alternatively download the booking form by clicking here and e-mail the completed form to email@example.com or fax it to 029 2076 5761.
Online booking closes on Monday 18th June 2012. To book after this date please download and email a completed booking form to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 029 2076 5761.
For further information contact CIH Cymru Conference and Events team on 029 2076 5760.