How do I become a fellow?
Only existing chartered members can apply for fellowship. Applications are assessed by the Fellowship Admissions panel, which is made up of a selection of members who have previously been involved in CIH’s governance. The panel reviews applications throughout the year, based on the applicant demonstrating that they meet the following criteria:
- Contribution to the profession and the community - the member has been actively engaged in developing and supporting other members of the profession and/or the community and can demonstrate they have made a difference.
- Leadership - the applicant will have shown leadership experience in their field, developing and delivering a vision, encouraging others and advancing the environment in the sector in which they operate.
The application process
All applications will be acknowledged and a timetable for review confirmed with the applicant. The Fellowship Admissions panel may ask for additional information to assist in their assessment or want to meet with the applicant. Applications can be made at any time, and will be held until the next meeting of the panel.
Applications should include:
- application form
- evidence of 20 hours CPD during the past 12 months
- personal statement of no more than 1,000 words
- statements by two referees
The cost of application for fellowship is £250 and successful applicants will then pay an annual membership fee to maintain their fellowship status.
Due to the thorough application process, we ask that you register your interest via the form at the side of this page before applying - this gives us the opportunity to chat with you to confirm your eligibility for fellowship before you complete and submit your formal application.
Find out more about CIH fellowship and the application process