Who can apply for CIH Member grade?
Most new members will join as a CIH Member. This grade is open to the following:
- Anyone with an interest in housing, but holds no housing qualifications
- Anyone who is studying a housing related course. (Those studying a CIH accredited course will receive FREE CIH membership for the duration of their course)
- Anyone who has completed a CIH vocational qualification. Recognised qualifications include CIH Certificate Level 2, 3 or 4 or the Higher National Certificate in Housing. Click here for a full listing
- Active tenants involved in the management of their housing organisations
CIH Member Designatory Letters
CIH Members are entitled to use the designation CIH Member or CIHM after their name. In addition members who have completed an approved CIH Certificate level qualification can also use Cert CIH 2, 3 or 4 (depending on the CIH qualification level) in conjunction with the designation.
CIH Chartered Member
Who can apply for CIH Chartered Member Grade?
CIH Chartered Membership is for anyone who is fully qualified in housing. This grade is open to the following:
- Anyone who has completed the CIH Professional Qualification or a CIH recognised course at an accredited centre (undergraduate or postgraduate) Before 2007 applicants must also have completed the APEX or equivalent programme, after 2007 most centres have embedded APEX into their recognised programmes). Click here for a more Apex information.
- Anyone in an eligible senior position who has completed the CIH Direct Final Programme
- Anyone in an eligible position who has completed the new CIH Experiential Route to Chartered Membership
- Anyone who has completed the new Work Based Route to Chartered Membership
CIH Chartered Member Designatory Letters
CIH Chartered Members are entitled to use the designation CIH Chartered Member or CIHCM after their name. Alternatively any existing Fellow member (as at June 2011) can continue to use the designation FCIH after their name. Any member who became a CIH Corporate member on or before the 31 December 2011 is eligible to continue to work towards and apply for Fellowship. The final date for applications to Fellowship is 31 December 2014.
If you need more information about fellowship guidance please contact firstname.lastname@example.org