Getting the most from your membership
Most new members will join as a CIH member. Progression options will depend on what housing qualifications you have achieved, your seniority and your experience.
Here are the details of the different progression routes available.
If you have any questions about your progression options please do let us know:
tel: 024 7685 1700
- CIH members wishing to progress to Chartered membership (CIHCM) and who hold a senior post may be eligible for the Direct Final or Experiential Route. Other options for progression towards Chartered membership will depend on the level of the academic qualification you hold or are working towards.
- If you hold an undergraduate or postgraduate CIH validated qualification recognised for the CIH professional qualification you may be eligible to register for the APEX express training day to complete the requirements for Chartered membership. If you’re not sure if your qualification makes you eligible just contact us on the details above.
- Certificate student members (Level 2/3) and Diploma Level 3 - Student members currently working towards a CIH certificate at level 2 or 3 may be interested in progressing to the next level of a CIH certificate/diploma course. Completion of a CIH certificate level 2 or 3 qualification entitles members to use the additional designation to denote the level of qualification achieved. Find out more about our qualifications
- Certificate/Diploma student members (Level 4) - Student members currently studying a level 4 qualification may be interested in progressing onto the Professional Diploma. Completion of the Professional Diploma entitles you to become a Chartered member
- Fellowship - Our new membership grades were introduced in January 2012. Any member who became a CIH Corporate member on or before the 31.12.2011 is eligible to continue to work towards and apply for Fellowship. The final date for applications to Fellowship is 31.12.2014. (Corporate members wishing to progress to Fellowship are required to meet a minimum requirement of: 8 years in housing; 3 years Corporate membership and evidence of making a ‘significant’ contribution to housing).
Become a great housing professional – Our qualifications offer maximum flexibility to enable you to learn with us when, where, and how you want to, encouraging you to improve your skills and knowledge to become a great housing professional. Never has it been a better time to learn.
Membership grades – Find out more about eligibility for CIH Chartered membership
APEX express – find out more about APEX Express, including; eligibility, candidate guidance and dates and venues for 2014 training days