Free recruitment tool saves landlords time and money
ConsultCIH and Ocean Media Group (OMG) have launched an innovative free recruitment and talent management platform that helps registered providers to improve the quality and efficiency of their recruitment and talent management.
i-Talent is a web-based system that enables housing providers to take a cost-effective and systematic approach to tracking applications, shortlisting and completing the necessary pre-employment checks. It reduces staff time taken to process jobs and applications, and it supports advanced equality and diversity monitoring and reporting throughout the recruitment process.
From the autumn, additional i-Talent PLUS modules will be introduced to help providers enhance in-house identification and development of in house staff talent, and to involve and engage their tenants in skills development and employment.
Speaking at the launch Trevor Barratt, Managing Director of Ocean Media Group, the publisher of Inside Housing, said: "We are delighted to be able to bring our digital expertise to the iTalent project. Through Inside Housing and www.insidehousing.co.uk we already offer the leading and most cost-effective recruitment advertising platform in the sector. Now with iTalent's cutting-edge technology we are giving housing providers the opportunity to make their recruitment activity even more efficient and effective - critically important in the current economic climate." He went on "We see iTalent as yet another way that Inside Housing can support the housing sector."
Richard Clark, Executive Chair of ConsultCIH said, "Recruitment and skills development are crucial to the success of all housing businesses. i-Talent will offer a real benefit to providers with few dedicated human resources colleagues, and I look forward to seeing the impact within a matter of months "
Gary Clark, Operations Director at Roseberry Housing Association said, "This is an exciting new approach to recruitment; not only will this system make our recruitment processes a lot more efficient but it is also free, which I think represents excellent value for money. We are looking forward to the opportunity of using this system and testing it in the new environment.":
News release issued on behalf of ConsultCIH by Jill Dwyer, CIH Press Office. Telephone: 07786 716961. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors:
1. Pre-registration for i-Talent is available at www.italent.co.uk
2. The core recruitment processing system is completely free to registered providers. Registered providers need to complete the pre-registration process and a member of our i-Talent team will visit you to demonstrate how the Talent system works and how to run it. i-Talent has been designed to have minimal support needs, so once the system is in place it can be run easily in-house.
3. ConsultCIH Limited is a wholly-owned company of the Chartered Institute of Housing (CIH) providing consultancy services to organisations in the housing and regeneration sectors. ConsultCIH has a large team of qualified professionals with over 25 years experience of providing high quality consultancy services throughout the UK.
4. Ocean Media Group publish a number of leading magazines and websites, including Inside Housing, the market leading title for the social housing sector and www.insidehousing.co.uk, the leading digital destination for housing professionals. The company also produce a range of consumer and trade exhibitions, including the CIH Annual Conference and Exhibition and organise a number of specialist conferences and awards events.
5. The Chartered Institute of Housing's annual UK conference and exhibition in Harrogate takes place from 22-24 June 2010 www.cihhousing.com
6. The Chartered Institute of Housing (CIH) is the professional body for people involved in housing and communities. We are a registered charity and not-for-profit organisation. We have a diverse and growing membership of 22,000 - both in the public and private sectors - living and working in over 20 countries on five continents across the world. Our members work for local authorities, housing associations, Arms Length Management Organisations, Government bodies, educational establishments and the private sector. Many tenants and residents are also members. We exist to maximise the contribution that housing professionals make to the wellbeing of communities. Further information is available at: www.cih.org