CIH NI: How we have helped you in 2012
2012 has been a busy and productive year for CIH in Northern Ireland, a year in which we have strived to further support our members and the sector.
- 94 people have studied CIH qualifications with us across a range of different housing-related subject areas
- We developed and delivered bespoke in-house training for 4 organisations, something which we will grow in 2013
- We were proud to support 564 housing professionals in NI as CIH members – showing growth since last year - including 160 Chartered Members
- Our new Irish membership offer was launched and has been taken up by 90 housing professionals in the Republic of Ireland, including 8 Chartered Members
- We produced the first two editions of Housing Ireland, a new journal for Irish housing professionals and received fantastic feedback
- We supported 172 third level students who are currently studying the CIH-accredited BSc (Hons) in Housing Management at University of Ulster and a further 15 students who are currently studying the CIH-accredited Postgraduate Diploma in Housing Studies at University of Ulster
- We received the highest number of nominations ever for the 4th Annual CIH NI Housing Awards
- Our gala Housing Awards ceremony and dinner was fully booked and attended by 190 housing professionals
- We developed a new UK housing qualification for those working in the private rental sector in Northern Ireland and celebrated the achievements of the first two groups of learners to achieve the Award for Landlords
- 413 individuals benefitted from CIH conferences, training courses and seminars
- We were commissioned to produce two thinkpieces on the role of the private rental sector in meeting housing need (for the Department for Social Development) and on developing new shared housing indicators to track the extent to which shared housing contributes to peace-building work in NI (for the Community Relations Council)
- We continue to respond to public consultations, the most recent of which was to the DSD’s ‘Facing the Future: Housing Strategy for Northern Ireland’.
We have very much enjoyed working to support the sector here and the housing professionals who make such a valuable contribution to housing and communities. We look forward to working with you in 2013!