Become a social housing digital champion
Find out how you can help your tenants get online by becoming a social housing digital champion.
We know people living in social housing are 20% less likely to have the digital skills they need, than people who rent privately.
As such, CIH Scotland is working with the Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (SCVO) on a new project, which provides opportunities for housing organisations across Scotland to help change this statistic by becoming part of a social housing digital champion network.
One of the most effective ways of helping people to improve their digital skills is through regular support from someone trusted – a digital champion.
The project will offer comprehensive training and support to create a digital champion, fully funded for up to 30 social housing organisations.
This will include:
- work to identify a digital motivator with the organisation;
- a two day residential bootcamp to inspire and support the motivator;
- short and informal surgeries with digital champions from across the staff team;
- support to record and monitor digital inclusion activity; and
- access to credit rated qualifications for involved staff to aid career progress.
If you work for a housing association or local authority and are interested in finding out more or would like to register an interest, please get in touch @digiscot, email email@example.com or call Beth Mukushi on 07581 623 028.