Are you a private landlord or letting agent? If so, you need to understand your legal obligations, as well as the rights and obligations of your tenant.
This accredited programme, offered under the CIH NI “Learning to Let” project, will give private landlords and letting agents the knowledge, skills and confidence they need to ensure excellent standards of practice and ensure full compliance with all legal obligations.
Developed by the Chartered Institute of Housing in Northern Ireland, this course is designed specifically for private landlords, letting agents, environmental health officers and those involved in providing housing advice.
Dates Location The Sandel Centre, Coleraine
The Sandel Centre, Coleraine
Dates Location CIH, Carnmoney House, Edgewater Office Park, Belfast, Bt3 9jq
CIH, Carnmoney House, Edgewater Office Park, Belfast, Bt3 9jq
5 great benefits of taking this Level 2 course
Apart from ensuring that you, as a private sector landlord, have all the essential skills and knowledge you require to be effective in your role, there are a number of reasons why this course will be of benefit to you:
- This course is receiving funding support from Department for Communities which means that instead of paying the standard £375 course fee, registered landlords and letting agents will now pay just £100.
- Did you know that it’s 7 times cheaper to keep an existing tenant in situ than it is to get a new one? That’s why learning the skills you need to be a quality landlord is a great way of ensuring that you keep your tenant in place on a long- term basis – and a very sound financial decision too.
- There are over 40,000 landlords in Northern Ireland; this means there is huge competition when it comes to securing reliable, professional, long-term private tenants. Securing the best tenant is the goal of every landlord simply because great tenants are invaluable when it comes to the up-keep of your property, ensuring longevity of tenure and the all important landlord / tenant relationship.
- Tenants are now much more discerning when it comes to choosing the right home for them; this means that just as a landlord will choose the best available tenants, the tenant too will choose the best and most professional landlord.
- You’ll get FREE CIH membership for the duration of your studies – including access to networking events as well as access to invaluable industry related resources.
By having a CIH Level 2 Award in Letting and Managing Residential Property, you can prove your landlord credentials to would-be tenants and demonstrate that you are a quality professional. See the course promoted on propertynews.com