How to... deliver excellent customer service
To build a good and lasting relationship with your customers you need to find out what they want from you and – as far as you can – meet their expectations. Excellent customer service is not an add-on to the business: it’s a vital component which needs to be valued and owned by all – if one part of the business doesn’t do this, it can affect the reputation and performance of the whole. It’s about getting the core business basics right and understanding how and where you can add extra value.
This How to… guide is about putting the following elements in place to ensure that your customers are satisfied:
- listening to your customers and finding out what they want
- changing your services so that they get what they want in all their dealings with you
- having competent, trained and strongly motivated staff who put customers first
- regularly finding out if customers are satisfied and – if not – why not
- keeping customers informed.