How to adapt your approach to rent collection for universal credit (PDF only)
DescriptionUniversal credit (UC) is being introduced gradually over a period of several years. However since April 2016 job centres in all parts of the country have been accepting at least some new claims on to UC. As a result all social landlords are now likely to have some experience of working with ‘live’ UC cases. However at this stage many are still dealing with relatively small caseloads and so in practice their approach to working with UC is still developing.
This guide is intended to provide an overview of emerging good practice, to help inform how you respond to UC in your organisation.
- Introduction: What is UC and how is it being rolled out?
- Enhancing your pre-tenancy work
- Beginning to collect rent in advance
- Providing a range of payment options
- Weekly or monthly charging cycles?
- Adopting a 'whole organisation' approach to rent collection
- Reviewing your arrears procedures
- Managing arrears cases under UC
PriceStandard price: £5.00
If you would like to purchase a PDF version of this briefing, click on the 'Buy' button below. You will be asked to make payment, and once payment has been received you will be emailed a copy of the PDF.
Member price: FREE
If you would like to download this PDF as a member please click here - you will need to be logged in to your member account.