CIH Level 3 Certificate in Housing Practice
The objective of this qualification is to provide individuals with the technical knowledge and understanding across a broad range of frontline housing practices at an operational level. The qualification explores general and specialist areas of housing along with housing policy and law. All learners must study ethics and professional practice which supports the development of their own personal growth and engagement in learning and housing.
Aims & Outcomes
The qualification aims to…
- Prepare learners for further study at level 3 and progression to qualifications at level 4.
- Provide the knowledge and skills required to operate effectively in a frontline capacity in the housing sector.
Who is this for
The qualification is suitable for learners…
- who already have a level 2 qualification and/or experience of working in housing.
- working in a frontline capacity in a wide range of housing and housing related roles
Learners must achieve a minimum of 26 credits in order to be awarded the qualification, from 2 mandatory units and 6 units from a choice of optional units.
It is also possible to achieve the following pathways:
Managing housing services
- Support for independent living
- Housing advice and information
- Managing properties
Where you can study
The qualification is new and supercedes the CIH Level 3 Certificate in Housing Practice (QCF). It is likely that existing centres will continue to deliver this qualification, so please see page for further details.
What to do next
Contact the CIH awarding organisation to discuss becoming approved to deliver this qualification.
Contact your preferred centre for details of how to apply to study this qualification.