CIH Level 2 Award in Involvement in Housing and Communities
The purpose of this qualification is to prepare (and/or recognise) tenants and residents for their contribution to their housing organisations and communities.
Aims & outcomes
The qualification aims to:
- provide residents with the skills and/or knowledge that they require to be actively involved in their housing and/or community
- prepare learners for further study in housing related qualifications at level 2 and 3
The qualification is suitable for learners who:
- are aged over 14
- already have a level 1 qualification and/or experience of being actively involved in their housing and/or community
- are based in the UK and Ireland - but the course may also be used in other countries as appropriate
Learners must achieve a minimum of three credits from a minimum of three units. The CIH awarding organisation and the approved centre will agree an appropriate combination of units for inclusion in a course before delivery commences.
The following pathways may also be offered:
- Community action
- Tenants and residents associations
- Resident scrutiny
- Skills for active tenants
The qualification is on the regulated qualification framework.
What to do next
- Contact the CIH awarding organisation to discuss becoming approved to deliver this qualification