CIH Level 5 Diploma in Housing
Scheme code 5H01This qualification will provide learners with the necessary strategic skills and knowledge to face the current challenges in housing, covering key aspects of leadership, management and ethics. Successful completion of this qualification including the professional practice skills for housing unit will lead to CIH chartered membership.
Aims & Outcomes
The qualification aims to:
- provide the knowledge and skills required for a strategic housing management role,
- prepare learners for further study in housing related qualifications at level 6 / under graduate level,
- with the professional practice skills for housing unit, meet the expectations for CIH chartered membership.
The qualification is suitable for learners who are:
- working or resident in the UK and Ireland,
- aspiring to or working in a strategic housing management role,
- that already have a level 4 qualification and/or experience of working in a management/strategic role in housing.
The learner must complete the following mandatory units:
- Ethical practice in housing
- Leadership and management in housing
- Strategic and business planning for housing organisations
- Housing in context
- Managing relationships in housing
The following additional unit may be taken to be eligible for CIH chartered membership
- Professional practice skills for housing
The qualification is on the regulated qualification framework.