CIH Award in Community Action in Housing at SCQF level 5
This is an introductory vocational qualification for the housing sector.
Aims & outcomesThis qualification will:
- Provide learners with a basic understanding of housing and community action
- Recognise some of the skills and knowledge necessary to participate in housing and community activities
- Prepare learners for further study and/or employment
This qualification is suitable for:
- tenants and residents wishing to explore housing to enhance their personal involvement and understanding of the housing sector
- tenants and residents who are active in the community and wish to see their contribution recognised through a nationally accredited qualification
- people who wish to gain an initial qualification in a housing related subject area
- people aged 14+
All learners must complete the following units:
- Services available for communities
- The diversity of communities
- Participating in community activities
This qualification has a value of 8 credits on the SCQF.