Service quality tool
Providing better support services for vulnerable people
This tool works in accordance with the Quality Assessment Framework (QAF) to ensure service users, housing support providers and local authorities can monitor the quality of housing-related services and demonstrate continuous improvement, without making a large financial investment.
Our specialist team will assess your performance, supported by an online platform, to uncover areas of improvement. It will therefore identify any weaknesses of specific services and outline views from customers based on the service you deliver. Additionally, our team will generate a free report which can be distributed throughout your organisation and showcased to your board of directors.
- As the only recognised quality framework for supported housing services in the industry, the SQT contains all of the key elements of the QAF
- Endorsed by Department for Communities and Local Government
- Identifies service gaps and provides action planning for continuous improvement
- Reduce administrative burdens and provide key information about locally commissioned services
- Flexible – based on an online platform and works around you. It puts service users at the heart of the assessment process
- Demonstrates transparency and commitment to safeguarding vulnerable people
- Benchmarks best practice and assesses services against a range of quality and safety standards
How does it work?SQT gives you an overall rating of where your delivery of housing support services currently sits. This is cross referenced against a range of objectives and specified criteria that the service has to meet in order to achieve at least the minimum standards.
Try our demo site
Log in to our demo site for a preview of the tool using the following details:
An annual licence for SQT includes full access to the tool, one day of comprehensive training provided by Sitra, IT support and access to a helpdesk, from just £4,550 + VAT per annum. Alternatively, CIH can carry out the assessments on your behalf.