CIH bitesize learning - Level 2 Certificate in Housing Practice (online)
What is CIH bitesize learning?Completing a formal CIH qualification is a great way to increase your career prospects but can feel like a big commitment in both time and money. With CIH bitesize learning, you can break down the qualification and simply study the units you want to, when you want to. You may choose to study a single unit on a topic of particular interest or, over time, study all units which, on successful completion, achieves the full qualification.
Bitesize learning allows you to commit your time in short bursts so you can plan your studies around what works for you.
Benefits of bitesize learning
• Manage your own time - committing to shorter periods of study time, each unit can be completed online in just four weeks.
• Build up the full qualification at your own pace - you can take up to five years to complete all four units.
• Pay as you go - pay per unit rather than having to pay the cost of the full qualification in one go.
• Get recognised - receive a digital certificate for each unit completed.
Units of study and learning outcomesOur Level 2 Certificate in Housing Practice is made up of four units. You can choose to study one of these at a time:
Housing provision and housing organisations
1. Understand housing provision and tenure in the context of trends in the housing market
2. Know about the relationship between landlord and tenant
3. Know about the partnerships and collaborative working housing organisations engage in to provide services
4. Know how housing organisations are regulated and funded
Customer service for housing
1. Understand the principles of customer service
2. Know the diverse range and needs of housing customers
3. Understand the principles of equality and diversity##
Assets, repairs and maintenance
1. Know the main types of dwellings across the housing stock
2. Understand the concept of asset management for housing organisations
3. Understand the process for managing repairs and maintenance of housing stock
Professional development in housing
1. Know about paid and voluntary roles in the housing sector
2. Understand the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to work within the housing sector
3. Be able to plan personal professional development
What is Level 2 Certificate in Housing Practice and who is it aimed at?Level 2 Certificate in Housing Practice is a general introduction to the housing sector – an entry level qualification perfect for people who are new to housing or for those who work in a frontline position and want to improve their general awareness of housing.
If you’re not currently working in housing but considering a frontline housing position as a career option, Level 2 is also ideal for you, along with tenants, residents and board members wishing to enhance their personal involvement and understanding of housing
What does it cost and how long does it take?Each unit costs £150 and will take four weeks to complete. Your next opportunity to start studying a Level 2 unit is 1 June 2020, closing date for applications is midnight 29 May 2020.
How to apply?Apply online using the ‘Book’ button. This will register your place on the course and allow you to make payment or request that we invoice your employer. Following registration, you will be contacted by a member of the CIH Housing Academy team to complete an application form and indicate which unit of the Level 2 Certificate Housing practice you would like to study.
Applicants must be aged 16 or over, should be confident using IT and have access to a computer. A basic level of literacy is also recommended to complete online tasks. If you are unsure whether this qualification is for you please contact us at email@example.com