CIH bitesize learning - Level 3 Certificate in Housing Practice (online)
What is CIH bitesize learning?Completing a formal CIH qualification is a great way to increase your career prospects but can feel like a big commitment in both time and money. With CIH bitesize learning, you can break down the qualification and simply study the units you want to, when you want to. You may choose to study a single unit on a topic of particular interest or, over time, study up to five of the core Level 3 units which, on successful completion, can be used towards completion of the full qualification.
Bitesize learning allows you to commit your time in short bursts so you can plan your studies around what works for you.
Benefits of bitesize learning
• Manage your own time - committing to shorter periods of study time, each unit can be completed online in just five weeks.
• Build up the full qualification at your own pace - you can take up to five years to complete all eight units.
• Pay as you go - pay per unit rather than having to pay the cost of the full qualification in one go.
• Get recognised - receive a digital certificate for each unit completed.
Units of study and learning outcomes
1. Know the different ways that individuals access the housing market.
2. Understand the role of the main providers of housing.
3. Understand the features of the housing market.
4. Understand how government intervenes in the housing system.
Occupancy, tenure, and lettings
1. Understand types of occupancy and tenure.
2. Understand different types of tenancy.
3. Understand different approaches to allocation and lettings.
Dealing with anti-social behaviour
1. Understand what anti-social behaviour means in a housing context.
2. Understand the statutory and non-statutory interventions available to tackle anti-social
3. Understand approaches to tackling and preventing anti-social behaviour in housing.
Rental income management
1. Understand the importance of rental income management.
2. Understand good practice in effective income management.
1. Understand the key skills, knowledge and behaviours required for the housing professional.
2. Understand ethics in the context of professional practice in housing.
3. Understand equality, diversity, and inclusion in the context of professional practice in housing.
What is Level 3 Certificate in Housing Practice and who is it aimed at?Level 3 Certificate in Housing will provide you with the knowledge and understanding of a range of key areas in delivering housing services. You will gain valuable skills including; researching and writing reports, evaluating your organisation’s approach to key housing issues and reflecting and planning for your own professional practice.
What does it cost and how long does it take?Each unit costs £200 and will take just five weeks to complete. Your next opportunity to start studying a Level 3 core unit is 1 June 2020, closing date for applications 29 May 2020.
How to applyApply online using the ‘Book’ button. This will register your place on the course and allow you to make payment or request that we invoice your employer. Following registration, you will be contacted by a member of the CIH Housing Academy team to complete an application form and indicate which unit of the Level 3 Certificate Housing practice you would like to study.
Applicants must be aged 16 or over, should be confident using IT and have access to a computer. A basic level of literacy is also recommended to complete online tasks. If you are unsure whether this qualification is for you, please contact us at email@example.com