Housing possession cases post 20 September what now?
Description of training
Delegates will receive a copy of the power point slides and drafted reactivation notice and other material.
Learning OutcomesThe coronavirus Act 2020 resulted in all new and existing possession claims (except squatter proceedings) and the enforcement of warrants for an initial period of 90 days. This was then extended until 20 September 2020.
PD55C comes into effect on 24 August 2020 and provides guidance on how possession proceedings are to be dealt with until 21 March 2021.
• Understand the changes made under the Civil procedure Rules
• Gain practical tips and confidence to ensure you are well prepared post 20 September and able to avoid any pitfalls
• Understand what the ‘reactivation notice’ is
• Be familiar with what information needs to be collected from the tenant/household
• Understand the new changes to notice periods ; 6 months
• Understand why you need a strategy in place
• Understand how new claims will be processed under the new rules
• Understand why compliance with pre-action protocol is a must! And how to achieve this
Who should attend?This course is suitable for neighbourhood officers, income officers, Court officers and other officer who deals with court hearings and service of notices.
Benefits of attendingDelegates will be provided with a copy of the slides and a copy of a Reactivation notices and notices required for new claims as well as a Pre-action Protocol checklist.
Here at CIH, we want to provide everyone involved in housing with the skills and knowledge needed to cope in the current pandemic. Our online training has been developed by expert professionals on key topics that we know you need to be able to adapt the changing environment.
I have been a board member for a Housing Association previously in East London and I am an Advisory Board member for Inspirited Minds (a mental health Charity)
Dates & Locations
PriceMember price £75 + VAT
Standard price £125 + VAT
Booking informationMembers: Click on login to book and enter your username and password.
Non-members: Click on book and register your details.
Payment: You can request that we invoice your employer or make payment via credit/debit card. Please note all invoices must be fully paid before the training takes place.
If you experience any difficulties, please call us on 02476 851 789 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting online training in the subject line.