CIH Level 3 award in housing practice
DescriptionThis short qualification course is ideal for staff new to working in housing, or established staff members who have never achieved a housing qualification. It provides essential grounding in the knowledge, understanding, skills and practices expected by housing organisations.
This short qualification course focuses on the core units mandatory for larger CIH qualifications at Level 3.
- Delivery of affordable housing services - an introduction to the housing sector, service providers, regulation and partnership working
- Equality and diversity for housing - understand how equality and diversity legislation relate to housing and how housing organisations and staff need to respond to the diverse needs of service users
- Professional practice skills for housing - develops an appreciation of organisational skills, teamworking, effective communication, customer service skills and reflective practices for professional development.
Learners can progress onto the more specialist pathways within the Level 3 Certificate courses as they seek to develop their career in housing.
On completion of this course you will:
- Develop skills and knowledge of the core aspects of housing practice to support your day-to-day role
- Improve personal and professional skills in areas such as communication, technical knowledge, customer care and IT
Who should attendThis course is suitable for anyone working in the sector and seeking a first qualification in housing, whether as new or established staff members. As a relatively short course, it may be particularly appealing for staff or organisations who have limited time to commit to study programmes.
Dates & LocationsCourse is scheduled to run in Belfast commencing September 2016.
The programme involves 5 full day training sessions in the period September-December 2016. Coursework is ongoing and online learning resources will be available to assist learners in their assignment research. Support is available from tutors and the CIH NI Education Centre throughout the programme and learners will also receive CIH membership benefits during their period of study.
Course fees are £1250 (no VAT applies to education courses)
Terms and conditions
Course places are limited to a maximum of 16 learners and will be allocated by date of application. All course schedules are subject to securing minimum numbers for delivery of the programme.
To book, request your Learner Registration Form from the learning team at CIH Northern Ireland firstname.lastname@example.org or call 028 9077 8222