Level 4 for the housing professional
The Level 4 Certificate for the Housing Profession aims to develop higher level study skills and more extensive knowledge of housing.
It will therefore be of equal interest to:
- Those who are developing their career and buildingon Level 3 qualifications
- Those who already have a degree but one that is not in housing.
The qualification is designed for individuals who aspire to managerial roles or have recently been promoted into such a position.
Units of study
There are 6 units covered in this course:
- financing for housing
- housing law
- housing policy
- professional practice skills for housing
- housing need, demand & supply
- housing management services
What you will learn…
- Understand key functions in housing management and housing-related advice services
- Develop skills in managing people, risk and change
- Appreciate the wider financial environment for housing organisations
- Develop analytical skills in evaluating policies, their intended outcomes and impact
- Explore the socio-economic factors affecting housing need, demand and supply
This course will commence with an induction day providing you with a clear understanding of the assessment strategy for the programme, how to plan and structure your own study, how to use the eLearn resources and how to properly reference your work.
Every module will be introduced in a full day training session with a tutor experienced in the particular field. They will introduce the key concepts and develop your understanding through discussion. The tutor will also guide you through the assignment for that module and how to plan and prepare your submission.
We blend the training days with comprehensive online resources, contextualised to Northern Ireland, that students can access to support their self-directed study. They will allow you to research the topic more deeply and access resources to support assignment preparation.
Written assignment tasks allow you to demonstrate your understanding and ability to analyse policies and practice relevant to your own work context.
Dates & Locations
14 November 2017, 09 January 2018, 27 February 2018, 03 April 2018, 22 May 2018, 26 June 2018.
Venue: training takes place at our Belfast offices and runs 9.30am-4.30pm.
Qualification costs £1500 per learner.
Click here to register your interest