Building resilience in front line staff
Frontline housing staff are under increasing pressure, welfare reform has meant a significantly changing role for many, the ability to face up to, and overcome, difficult or challenging situations depends in no small part on personal resilience levels. This workshop has been designed to equip frontline housing staff to assess their own personal resilience and show them the skills and techniques that can help them work well in difficult and sometimes stressful situations.
• Defining resilience
• How does emotional intelligence link to resilience
• Resilient thinking - how do you think?
• Diagnostic tools to assess your own strengths and areas to develop
• Getting into the habit of resilience - tools for developing your personal reilience
• Resilience and tough conversations- practice using resilience skills to have those difficult conversations.
By the end of this workshop delegates will be able to:
• Understand what personal resilience is and why it matters to exceptional performance
• Understand the characteristics of particularly resilient people
• Assess their personal resilience strengths and gain tips and techniques for building their own resilience.
• Understand how to keep their focus and drive in challenging situations
• Develop their own personal strategies to ensure positive responses under pressure
Who should attendFront line staff who want to improve their mental toughness or resilience and develop resilient attitudes that leads to excellent performance.
Trainer InfoDorothy Christie has over 30 years’ experience in the social housing sector both in an operational and learning and development role. She has developed and delivered a wide range of courses and workshops to leaders and front line teams. She has worked successfully with teams to bring about transformational change. Dorothy’s style is engaging and participative. Dorothy is a qualified coach and a NLP practitioner.
Dates & Locations
Date: 6 November 2017
Time: 9:30 - 16:30
Location: CIH Northern Ireland, Carnmoney House, Edgewater Office Park, Belfast, BT3 9JQ
Non member: £110