Level 5 diploma in housing
What is the Level 5 Diploma in Housing?
The Level 5 Diploma in Housing is a one year vocational qualification for aspiring professionals, supervisors and managers who wish to achieve CIH chartered membership (CIHCM). The qualification considers areas of ethics, leadership, strategic planning for housing and relationships. Chartered status is a demonstration of your housing expertise, commitment and ethical standards.
The course is delivered using both online materials and teaching days.
Provisional dates are:
- Induction 4 October 2017
- Leadership and management in housing 18 October 2017
- Housing in context 13 December 2017
- Managing relationships in housing 14 February 2018
- Strategic and business planning for housing organisations 11 April 2018
- Ethical practice in housing 6 June 2018
- Professional practice skills in housing 25 July 2018
The learning outcomes for each unit are listed in the attached pdf.
How will this course benefit me and my organisation?
The CIH level 5 Diploma in Housing provides individuals with the knowledge and understanding across the key areas of housing practice at a recognised professional standard. The course provides the knowledge and skills required to perform in a senior management role.
When you register to study a CIH qualification you will receive CIH membership for the duration of your course, giving you access to a wealth of guidance, support and practical advice, as well as to a network of housing professionals.
On completion of this course you will eligible for chartered membership status
Who should attend
This programme is a route to CIH chartered membership. To access this programme you should be working in either a paid or voluntary capacity in housing and also have completed one of the following:
- CIH Level 4 Certificate for the Housing Profession, or
- CIH Level 4 Certificate, or Diploma, in Housing Practice, or equivalent.
You will be asked to provide evidence of your qualifications and/or experience as part of the application process.
Benefits of learning with CIH Housing Academy
- The flexibility of online learning - fit your studies around your other commitments
- Face to face teaching days
- An induction period to help you settle in and get to know your tutor and fellow learners
- Assessment and feedback through coursework - no examinations
What can I expect as a student?
- Access to online materials
- Support from CIH to achieve your qualification
- Support from specialist tutors
Registration for applicants closes on 15 September.
For an application form or to discuss further, contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration: 11 months, delivered through a combination of online learning and five face-to-face study days plus an induction
Terms and conditions
Course places are limited to a maximum of 15 learners and will be allocated by date of application.
All course schedules are subject to securing minimum numbers for delivery of the programme.
Booking terms and conditions apply