This one day training course will enable the evaluation of the role of equality and diversity in delivering an effective choice based lettings or similar allocations scheme.
This will be achieved by looking at the principle of choice based lettings, familiarisation with equality legalisation and good practice.
We will explore the difficulties faced by staff in managing need and fairness.
Through workshops based on current policy and case studies we will look at the needs of vulnerable groups and look at how we achieve the optimum outcomes whilst looking at individual and team action plans to ensure implementation plans for improved practice.
By the end of the course you will be able to ensure :
- Understanding of the principle of equality in housing allocations policy
- Housing is allocated to those in greatest need
- Best use is made of housing stock
- Greater choice for applicants and transfer tenants
- Increased satisfaction with allocations for users and stakeholders
- Balanced and sustainable communities
Sonia Francis-Mills has been delivering diversity training for over 20 years for public sector bodies. She is a former Director of equality services for Devon and Cornwall .
Sonia holds a master degree in psychotherapy and along with training provides a community legal, advocacy and psychotherapy service.
Dates & Locations
Date: 22 November 2017
Time: 09:30 - 16:30
Location: CIH Ireland, 32 Mount Street Upper, Dublin 2
Member rate: €110
Non-member rate: €120
Terms and conditions
Please ensure you read our terms and conditions before booking.