Lunch and Learn: How to develop effective tenant involvement
Come along for this session where we will hear from Laura O'Dowd about her experience of effective tenant involvement in housing. Laura is a vastly experienced professional who is current Director of Housing for Ark Housing Association and was previously Support Services Manager in Supporting Communities, a tenant and community development organisation. The event will be of interest to all those formulating policy for their organisation or supporting tenants to improve their engagement with their landlord, community and neighbours. Laura will give a short presentation and open the session for questions and experiences from participants. This is an informal event designed to discuss best practice and good policy making.
We will be:
- Reflecting on the importance of tenant participation
- Looking at why tenants must shape services and the challenges for housing professionals in doing this.
- Looking at the issue of tenants on Boards of Management, is it a good idea?
- Is there a place at the table for vulnerable tenants?
- What is the tenants role in estate regeneration?
- Providing examples of how tenants can get involved effectively in all these areas
Dates & Locations
Date: Tuesday 09 October
Location: Housing Agency, Dublin
Time: 12:30 - 2:30 pm
Member rate: FREE
Non-member rate: €50
Bookings must be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org it is not possible to book online.
Terms and conditions
Please refer to CIH Terms and Conditions before booking.