Repairs reporting skills
Handling reports of repairs is one of the core elements of any landlord’s duties. It is also one of the areas mot likely to cause customer complaints. It is therefore vital that staff are capable of taking a “Right 1st Time” approach in order to increase tenant satisfaction and control costs.
• To explain the background to repairs.
• To give you knowledge regarding the Landlord’s legal obligations.
• To equip you with skills to get it “Right 1st Time”
• Know what causes the need for repair?
• Understand why we do repairs?
• Explain the legal responsibilities for repairs
• Discover what questions we need to ask to get it right 1st time?
• Examine basics in construction and services and dampness and condensation
Who should attendThis course is aimed at staff who stay within the office and take repairs either over the phone or at reception. It is also a suitable introductory course for any member of staff who has never previously dealt with issues around repairs and requires a general understanding
Trainer InfoEileen McCallum started working in housing in 1979 and has wide experience both at the grassroots level and as a manager. She has worked as a trainer for the last 21 years, developing and delivering training throughout the UK. She has worked with all levels of staff, co-operatives, tenants and committee members on topics ranging from highly technical repairs issues to personal development and communication skills. She is appreciated for her lively, engaging and highly participative style.
Dates & Locations2 May 2018, CIH Scotland office, Edinburgh
Standard training fee - £260 + VAT
CIH member rate - £235 + VAT
CIH contributing organisation rate - £210 + VAT
Please note that this does not include lunch