26 October 2017
The course explains the reasons and causes of voids. It will help attendees gain a deeper understanding of how to develop an effective strategy for tackling voids. The course focuses on the practical organisational issues such as developing policies and procedures and effective monitoring systems.
• Ensure compliance with law and good practice guidance
• Assist your organisation to meet regulatory standards
• Examine how to develop and deliver quality void management policies and practices
By the end of this specialist course you will be able to:
• Explain the nature and causes of voids
• Understand the issues that are critical for developing effective policies and practices
• Set quality performance management standards
• Understand how void management is aligned to a diverse range of polices and practices
Who should attend
Policy officers, housing officers and maintenance officers involved in developing and implementing voids policy and/or practice.
Trainer InfoEileen McCallum
Eileen McCallum started working in housing in 1979 and has wide experience both at the grassroots level and as a manager. She has worked as a trainer for the last twenty-one years, developing and delivering training throughout the UK. She has worked with all levels of staff, co-operatives, tenants and committee members on topics ranging from highly technical repairs issues to personal development and communication skills. She is appreciated for her lively, engaging and highly participative style.
Dates & LocationsThursday 26 October 2017 at the CIH Scotland Office, 160 Dundee Street, Edinburgh from 09:30 - 16:00
Standard price - Full day - £260 + VAT
Member price - Full day - £235 + VAT
Contributing org. price - Full day - £210 + VAT
You can view our online booking procedure here.
Please note that if your organisation requires a purchase order number on the invoice, you MUST input this at the point of booking.