CIH Level 5 Professional Diploma in Housing
The deadline for registration for this course is 12 February 2016.
The CIH level 5 Diploma in Housing is CIH's online route to chartered membership, designed for aspiring professionals, supervisors and managers.
The course covers the following topics:
- Ethical practice in housing – including theories of ethical practice; ethical dilemmas in housing; current ethical issues affecting housing professionals.
- Leadership and management in housing – including theories of management and leadership; the attributes of successful leaders and managers; reflective practice.
- Strategic and business planning for housing – including social versus commercial objectives; theory and practice of strategic management; developing business plans.
Housing in context – including the historical development of housing policy; the influence of political ideology; comparative housing studies.
- Managing relationships in housing – including the changing profile of housing customers; understanding housing customers’ needs; effective partnership working; principles of contract management.
In addition, learners wishing to achieve chartered membership status must complete the following unit:
- Professional Practice Skills for Housing (PPSH) – including ‘professionalism’ in a housing context; the skills required to be a housing professional; reflective practice; professional development planning.
How will the course benefit me and my organisation?
The CIH level 5 Diploma in Housing provides individuals with knowledge and understanding across key areas of housing policy and practice, at a recognised professional standard. The course provides the knowledge and skills required to perform in a senior management role.
When you register to study a CIH qualification you will receive CIH membership for no extra cost for the duration of your course, giving you access to a wealth of guidance, support, and practical advice, as well as to a network of housing professionals.
On completion of this course you will be eligible for chartered member status, as long as you have completed the additional PPSH unit.
Download the course overview for further information
[Member logo] When you register to study a CIH qualification you receive CIH membership for no extra cost for the duration of your course, giving you access to a wealth of guidance, support and practical advice as well as a network of housing professionals.
Who can apply?
This programme is a route to CIH chartered membership. To access this programme you should be working in either a paid or voluntary capacity in housing and also have completed one of the following :
- CIH Level 4 Certificate for the Housing Profession, or
- CIH Level 4 Certificate, or Diploma, in Housing Practice, or equivalent
You will be asked to provide evidence of your qualifications and/or your experience of working in the housing sector as part of the application process.
What does the course cost and how long will it take?
Course cost: £2,300
Duration: 12 months
How to apply
Apply online using the 'Book' button below. This will register your place on the course and allow you to make payment. You can choose to pay the full course fee or invoice your employer. If you are paying for this course yourself and would like to pay in instalments, please give us a call on 024 7685 1789.
Following registration, you will be contacted by a member of the CIH Housing Academy team and asked to complete a form to provide evidence of your previous qualifications and experience, and to set up your CIH membership, which is free for the duration of your course.
You do not need to complete the dietary requirements section of the registration - as this is an online course there are no face-to-face sessions.
Call our team on 024 7685 1789 or email us if you'd like to discuss whether this is the right course for you.