CIH Level 3 Certificate in Housing Practice - February
Frontline and practitioner
Please note: The deadline for registration for this course is 26 February 2018.
The Level 3 Certificate in Housing Practice is a 10-month online programme that will provide you with a broader knowledge and understanding of key areas in delivering housing services.
All learners study the following five core units which provide essential underpinning knowledge for working in housing organisations:
- The Housing System
- Professional Practice Skills for Housing
- Occupancy, Tenure and Lettings
- Rental Income Management
- Dealing with ASB in Housing
You also study three further units, choosing as follows:
• Delivery of Housing Services
• Involving Housing Service Users
• Sustainable Communities
• Housing Repairs & Maintenance services
• Customer Service in Housing
• Choice between
either Managing Leasehold Housing Services
Or Managing Empty Properties
How will this course benefit me and my organisation?Gaining a qualification is a great way to develop your career prospects. Qualifications at this level will enable you to be an effective housing practitioner and will provide you with a broader understanding of how your organisation and others in the housing industry work.
You will gain valuable skills including:
- Researching and report writing
- Evaluating your organisation's approach to housing issues
- Reflecting on your own professional practice
- Planning ahead for your own development
Successful completion of the Level 3 Certificate in Housing Practice will provide you with a vocational qualification of an equivalent standard to an A-Level which is worth 8 UCAS points. It will prepare you for further study at the next level. the Level 4 Certificate in Housing, which CIH offers online as a one year programme. The Level 4 Certificate is the first step on the route towards CIH Chartered membership.
When you register to study a CIH qualification you receive CIH membership for no extra cost for the duration of your course, giving you access to a wealth of guidance, support and practical advice as well as a network of housing professionals.
On completion of this course you'll be eligible for CIH Certified Practitioner status. The pathway indicated on your certificate will reflect the combination of units you studied; either:
Option 1: CIH Level 3 Certificate in Housing Practice (Managing Housing Services)
Option 2 (leasehold): CIH Level 3 Certificate in Housing Practice (Managing Properties)**
Option 2 (empty properties): CIH Level 3 Certificate in Housing Practice (generic pathway)
** also eligible for accreditation by the Institute of Residential Property Managers
Who can apply?To apply for this programme you should be working in either a paid or voluntary capacity in housing and also meet one of the criteria below:
- Have completed as a minimum the level 2 certificate in housing practice
- Have completed an equivalent level 2 qualification
What does the course cost and how long does it take?Course cost: £1,200
Duration: Ten months, with up to 8 hours study per week.
This can include investigations undertaken at work and independent study time working through the online materials, doing additional reading and research, and writing up your submissions. You will have 5 assignment submission dates.
You will be assigned a tutor who will assess and provide feedback on your work, and will be available to support and advise you on any queries about your assignments and study topics.
How to apply
- Apply online using the 'Book' button below. This will register your place on the course and allow you to make payment. You can choose to pay the full course fee or invoice your employer. If you are paying for this qualification yourself and would like to pay in instalments please contact us on 024 7685 1789.
- Following registration, you will be contacted by a member of the CIH housing academy team and asked to complete a form to provide evidence of your previous qualifications and experience and to set up your CIH membership, which is free for the duration of your course.
- You do not need to complete the dietary requirements section of the registration - as this is an online course there are no face-to-face sessions.
- Call our team on 024 7685 1789 or email us if you'd like to discuss whether this is the right course for you