Level 3 Certificate in Housing Practice - February
Frontline and practitioner
Please note: The deadline for registration for this course is 20 February 2017.
The Level 3 Certificate in Housing Practice is a 9-month online programme that will provide you with a broader knowledge and understanding of key areas in delivering housing services. The course focuses on the following mandatory subject areas:
- Delivery of affordable housing services
- Equality and diversity for housing
- Occupancy, tenure and lettings
- Prevention and management of rent arrears
- Professional practice skills for housing
In addition, you can choose one of five specialist options:
- Housing and communities
- Housing and support
- Housing options and advice
- Housing maintenance
- Managing properties
How will this course benefit me and my organisation?Gaining a qualification is a great way to develop your career prospects. Qualifications at this level will enable you to be an effective housing practitioner and will provide you with a broader understanding of how your organisation and others in the housing industry work.
You will gain valuable skills including:
- Researching and report writing
- Evaluating your organisation's approach to housing issues
- Reflecting on your own professional practice
- Planning ahead for your own development
Successful completion of the Level 3 Certifcate in Housing Practice will provide you with a vocational qualification of an equivalent standard to an A-Level which is worth 8 UCAS points. It will prepare you for further study at the next level. the Level 4 Certificate in Housing, which CIH offers online as a one yerar programme. The Level 4 Certificate is the first step on the route towards CIH Chartered membership.
When you register to study a CIH qualification you receive CIH membership for no extra cost for the duration of your course, giving you access to a wealth of guidance, support and practical advice as well as a network of housing professionals.
On completion of this course you'll be eligible for Certified Practitioner status.
Who can apply?To apply for this programme you should be working in either a paid or voluntary capacity in housing and also meet one of the criteria below:
- Have completed as a minimum the level 2 certificate in housing practice
- Have completed an equivalent level 2 qualification
What does the course cost and how long does it take?Course cost: £1,200
Duration: Nine months, with up to 8 hours study per week
This can include investigations undertaken at work and independent study time working through the online materials, doing additional reading and research, and writing up your submissions.
How to apply
- Apply online using the 'Book' button below. This will register your place on the course and allow you to make payment. You can choose to pay the full course fee or invoice your employer. If you are paying for this qualification yourself and would like to pay in installments please contact us on 024 7685 1789.
- Following registration, you will be contacted by a member of the CIH housing academy team and asked to complete a form to provide evidence of your previous qualifications and experience and to set up your CIH membership, which is free for the duration of your course.
- You do not need to complete the dietary requirements section of the registration - as this is an online course there are no face-to-face sessions.
- Call our team on 024 7685 1789 or email us if you'd like to discuss whether this is the right course for you