Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Homeless People - February
Please note the deadline for registration for this course is 26 February 2018
The Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Homeless People is an online programme that will provide you with the knowledge and understanding required to support homeless people at an operational level. The qualification explores core areas of homelessness. If you work with homeless people and have already completed the Level 2 Certificate in Housing Practice (or an equivalent qualification) then this qualification is ideal for you.
This qualification has four mandatory units:
• Homelessness services and prevention
• Involving housing service users
• Professional practice skills for housing
• Role of the support worker for independent living
How will this course benefit me and my organisation?
Gaining a qualification is a great way to develop your career prospects. This programme will enable you to be an effective housing practitioner, gaining valuable skills and knowledge in approaching key housing issues.
When you register to study a CIH qualification, you receive CIH membership for no extra cost for the duration of your course, giving you access to a wealth of guidance, support and practical advice as well as a network of housing professionals.
On completion of this course, you could go on to study an additional 4 units in order to be awarded the L3 Certificate in Housing Practice. This is a practice-based qualification, aimed at front-line housing workers, and provides an excellent foundation in housing law and best practice. It is ideal if you work with homeless people but want to expand your knowledge of housing practice in general.
An alternative option is the Level 4 Certificate in Housing. This qualification provides learners with technical knowledge and understanding across a broad range of housing topics, exploring areas of housing policy, law, finance, and professional practice in four mandatory units. The qualification is more theoretical in nature, looking beyond housing practice to the housing system in general.
Who can apply?
To apply for this programme you should be working in either a paid or voluntary capacity in housing and also meet one of the criteria below:
• Have completed as a minimum the level 2 certificate in housing practice
• Have completed an equivalent level 2 qualification
If you don't meet either of the above, you should have six months experience of working in the housing sector. You will be asked to provide evidence of your qualifications and/or your experience of working in the housing sector as part of the application process.
What does the course cost and how long does it take?
Course cost: £700
Duration: 20 weeks, with up to 8 hours study time each week.
This can include investigations undertaken at work and independent study time working through the online materials, doing additional reading and research, and writing up your submissions.
Approximately 6-8 hours of study per week
How to apply
• Apply online using the 'Book' button below. This will register your place on the course and allow you to make payment. You can choose to pay the full course fee or invoice your employer. If you are paying for this qualification yourself and would like to pay in instalments please contact us on 024 7685 1789.
• If you wish to take the professional practice for letting agents unit please apply for the certificate and contact our online learning team T: 024 7685 1789 E: email@example.com to arrange payment and study for the additional unit.
• Following registration, you will be contacted by a member of the CIH housing academy team and asked to complete a form to provide evidence of your previous qualifications and experience and to set up your CIH membership, which is free for the duration of your course.
• You do not need to complete the dietary requirements section of the registration - as this is an online course there are no face-to-face sessions.