Dynamics of domestic abuse & how to risk assess
This course provides an overview of the dynamics of domestic abuse, identification, risk assessment and support processes and the impact upon victims and children. It will enable practitioners to be able to understand the issues and support processes for their staff and clients who are subjected to domestic abuse across all culture, religions and families.
What you'll learn
The course will enable attendees to:
• Understand the National picture of Domestic Abuse
• Understand the legislation behind each aspect of Domestic Abuse, stalking harassment, honour-based abuse, Claire’s Law (Domestic Violence Disclosure Scheme)
• Identify the different types of abuse: physical / sexual / social / emotional / physiological /financial and apply them to the DASH Risk Assessment
• Consider what makes it difficult for a victim to leave an abusive relationship
• Discuss the impact of Domestic Abuse for the child in development and emotional behaviour, the victim and their parenting ability
• Understand potential community / cultural issues / community beliefs (Honour Based Abuse / Forced Marriage)
• To effectively support a victim (staff member or client) during disclosure and understand the assessment framework
• Complete the DASH Risk Assessment, signpost and the referral process including the role of agencies and how they relate (Multi Agency Risk Assessment Conference – MARAC)
Who should attend
This course is suitable for Human Resources, Managers, Customer Services and client facing staff.
Dates & Locations
5 July 2019, London
Member price £149 + VAT
Standard peice £199 + VAT
Members: Click on login to book and enter your username and password.
Non-members: Click on book and register your details.
If you experience any difficulties please call us on 02476 851 789 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment: You can request that we invoice your employer or make payment via credit/debit card. Please note all invoices must be fully paid before the event takes place.
The delegate price includes a comprehensive delegate pack, handouts, all refreshments and lunch.
Terms and conditions
Please click here for our terms and conditions