Introduction to housing management law
DescriptionThis course provides an overview of housing law affecting the management of secure and assured tenancies and provides solutions to some of the common problems.
What you'll learn
The course will enable attendees to:
- Understand the nature of a tenancy.
- Differentiate between assured and secure tenancies and apply relevant principles.
- Understand the use of fixed term tenancies by social landlords following the Localism Act 2011.
- Have an overview of starter, introductory and demoted tenancies.
- Identify the rights and duties of landlords and tenants resulting from the tenancy agreements and statute.
- Deal with common problems in accordance with the law and good practice.
- Identify the housing consequences of relationship breakdown and follow appropriate procedures.
- Implement tenancy changes on assignment, exchange, court order and death of tenant.
Who should attendThis course is suitable for estate management and contract staff from local authorities or housing associations who need an introduction/overview of housing management law.
Trainer InfoGuy Wardle
Duration: 1 full day
CPD: 5 hours
Dates & Locations
6 December 2018, London
Member price £149 + VAT
Standard peice £199 + VAT
Members: Click on login to book and enter your username and password.
Non-members: Click on book and register your details.
If you experience any difficulties please call us on 02476 851 789 or email us at email@example.com
Payment: You can request that we invoice your employer or make payment via credit/debit card. Please note all invoices must be fully paid before the event takes place.
The delegate price includes a comprehensive delegate pack, handouts, all refreshments and lunch.
Terms and conditions
Please click here for our terms and conditions