Introduction to Leasehold Management
DescriptionThis course will give you the knowledge and confidence to manage leasehold properties effectively.
What you'll learn
The course will enable attendees to:
- Understand the importance of the lease
- Recognise the different types of lease that you are likely to come across and the key variances between them ie Right to Buy/Right to Acquire, shared ownership, retirement leases
- Understand the core terms in leases
- Appreciate what management and administration fees can be charged
- Understand the rights that leaseholds have in respect of service charges, major works and long term agreements
- Manage service charge processes effectively
- Learn how to help prevent service charge arrears and what to do to recover service charge arrears
- Understand how to manage the Section 20 process for major works and long term agreements
- Learn about the First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber)
- Hear about the plans to reform leasehold
Who should attendThis course is suitable for all staff involved in the management of leasehold properties and/or the recovery of service charges, including frontline leasehold management staff, team leaders, managers and income recovery staff
Dates & Locations
21 January 2020 London
Member price £150 + VAT
Standard price £250 + VAT
Members: Click on login to book and enter your username and password.
Non-members: Click on book and register your details.
If you experience any difficulties please call us on 02476 851 789 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment: You can request that we invoice your employer or make payment via credit/debit card. Please note all invoices must be fully paid before the event takes place.
The delegate price includes a comprehensive delegate pack, handouts, all refreshments and lunch.