How can the standards be used in my organisation?
CIH professional standards can be flexed to fit in with your own organisational values – you can use what works for you. Here are some ways in which you can use the professional standards for your organisation:
- Identify standards of professional excellence across your own organisation
- Identify the desired and existing skills, knowledge and behaviours across the business to make change happen
- Identify team and organisational capability
- Build your own competency frameworks
- Map against organisational values
- Focus on behaviours needed for success
- Develop role profiles, job descriptions and personal specifications
- Identify areas for development across the business
- Build a resident’s charter
- Prepare for the expectations in the Social Housing White Paper.
Abri Housing Association case study Settle case study